Pages

Thursday, November 10, 2011

DIY - Baby Shower Edition.

Along with about all of my other friends, I am loving some Pinterest. The ideas, or should I say "pins," are definitely getting crafty-wheels turning in my head, especially with Bridgette's baby shower. For Bridgette's shower, I took on three DIY projects: onesies, a burlap banner, and a wish book. The onesies - so simple, easy and they only took about 20-30 minutes to make.

Here we go...

Step 1:
You will need Heat Bond - Ultra Hold (they sell it in sheets at Jo-Anns or your local fabric store), baby onesies and fabric of your choosing. Make sure to pre-wash the onesies and the fabric before beginning.


Step 2:
Iron the Ultra-Bond on to the back of your fabric - following the directions on the Ultra
Bond packaging... they are super easy to follow!

Step 3:
Find your favorite shapes, print out and then trace on to your fabric "sheets." Remember, you will be using the flip side of the fabric... so for my shapes, I flipped them face down so they would look like my print-outs.

Step 4:
Cut out your fabric pieces.

Step 5:
Peel off the back on your fabric pieces; place on your onesie; iron over the fabric.

Step 6:
"Oooo" and "aaaaah" at how cute your little project turned out!


Next up, the burlap banner and wish book! Stay tuned...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...