Pages

Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Christmas. A little early.

After 14 years, my mom caved. As long as I can remember, my family has had a fake tree. Real trees were "too big of a mess, didn't last as long (my family tends to keep Christmas decorations up til January), never 'just right'." For the last 14 years, my family has "assembled" our Christmas tree - it really does take away a little of my holiday spirit when we have to make sure all of the branches are color coded and matching their respective ring on the center of the tree. After conversations the last 3 consecutive Christmases about it being time to replace our sweet little tree, my mom decided to take the REAL approach this year. I would like to think my begging for 5+ years helped influence this decision just a little bit. Last week, we headed to Pikes and found the PERFECT tree!! I know, I know, everyone thinks their tree is perfect and maybe it is the kid still in me, but this tree really is PERFECT. To further prove its "perfectness," my dad thought it was fake for the first couple of days. The lights and bow have been put on... but ornaments are waiting patiently. A little Hamilton tradition... every year, my brother and I put on the ornaments while my parents and our dog watch. So needless to say as we have gotten older, timing is everything. Our scheduled ornament time is this afternoon at 2:00 pm. :) I just could not contain my excitement to wait to post after Thanksgiving... soooo here it is...


I know what you might be thinking, it's not even Thanksgiving yet. Here is my Thanksgiving tie in: I am thankful that there are two holidays in the next two months that remind me of how blessed I am. Blessed with a family that loves me unconditionally, friends who accept me flaws and all, and a boyfriend who makes me happier than I could imagine. Happy Thanksgiving Eve!!

1 comment:

  1. bahh we are so behind on our christmas decorating!!! looooove the tree!!!!!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...