Pages

Monday, December 13, 2010

Patience.

Mirriam-Webster defines the word patient as "bearing pains or trials calmly or without complaint." My job has been a continuous lesson in patience. Every day, this character trait is exercised in various situations where I am forced to calmly face trials regarding my students. While my patience has greatly increased throughout the last year and a half, I am no where near where I feel God needs me to be. There are days when my patience feels paper thin. While I try my best not to complain, venting phone calls are most certainly made. (Thank you to my friends who have been on the receiving end of those conversations!!) And then there are other days when my patience does not falter. In the crazy world that is often my classroom, Colossians 3:12 provides the perfect reminder: "Therefore, as God's chosen people, holy and dearly loved, clothe yourselves with compassion, kindness, humility, gentleness and patience." What is your crazy world?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...