Pages

Thursday, October 27, 2011

A picture says it all.

Engagement Pictures... the moment it all felt real but slightly unbelievable at the same time. Last weekend, Travis and I walked down alley ways, climbed over railroad tracks, sat in some crazy grass, and carefully made our way into a freezing creek for our engagement pictures. I feel like I have been dreaming/planning/wishing for this day for seven years. In college, it was alway so fun to see those older girls take their engagement pictures. Throw in some random wedding blogs (I have a slight obsession with weddings and blogs if you haven't gathered that yet) and you have a love for all things engagement and weddings period. These pictures are one of the first "official" things that family and friends see of you and your fiance together. So needless to say the days, hours, and minutes leading up to this moment were filled with nerves and tons of excitement. After an almost tragic situation that morning, we were on our way. Since Sunday morning, I have been checking the 375 Photography Blog  like clock-work waiting for that sneak peek. While we were outside for recess today, the email finally came... pictures were posted!! Over the last seven hours, I have looked, looked and re-looked at these pictures... not only because I am so impressed with the work that Justin did (if you need a photographer for ANYTHING, he is AMAZING!!!) but also because I am in slight disbelief that staring back at me is my fiance. For some reason, seeing these pictures, seeing us together, and being able to share them with family and friends, has brought an overwhelming sense of reality. The waiting to take these photos, to share these moments with Travis, and then have a photograph to serve as a daily reminder of what we are committing to has just been one of "those" moments. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...