Pages

Sunday, September 25, 2011

Burlap and Lace. Oh my.

Wedding planning is definitely in full swing. From my dress, bridesmaids dress, and the photographer, to save the dates, invitations, flowers and all of the fun details, things are steadily being crossed off of the "wedding to do list." The day after our engagement, I headed to Target to get all the necessary items to make my wedding notebook... enter Type-A, overly organized Lindsay.

It has been so much fun working with our wedding planner and coming up with vintage/shabby chic details and other DIY projects that will become a part of our big day at Carl House... Check out our ceremony site! I love the bricks and the bridge and the trees... despite the fact that our guests might hate me for having them sit outside in the Georgia heat in late June, I promise there will be lots of pretty details to look at. :)
Other than planning the big stuff, probably one of my favorite parts has been finding the little details. I already love antique shopping and cutesy shops, so wedding planning has given me a BIG excuse to frequent my favorite little places... here are some of the finds/inspirations that have been collected so far...
I should also probably mention that I LOVE LOVE LOVE burlap and mason jars... but how stinking cute is that burlap bow! And not only could it make an appearance in our wedding, but what about on a Christmas tree or on a fall wreath on the front door? The twine... how cute would that be lining a stair case at Christmas with some ornaments delicately placed or with some vintage Santas taking their place on the stairs? And that stool... engaged on the 23rd... marrying on the 23rd... when I saw it, I about screamed in the store. Another piece that will soon find its way into our future apartment, townhouse, house... wherever this marriage might take us. 

Since most of the big planning is almost done, I will have the next 9 months to blog about all the DIY projects that will be making their appearance on June 23rd. Burlap rosettes... moss initial letters... place card table... invitations... mason jars... it's a good thing I have a Thanksgiving break, Christmas break, Spring break, and summer break. 

Looking forward to the planning and crafting, and sharing all along the way! Much love!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...