Pages

Sunday, January 2, 2011

2010 comes to an end...

The month of December has been full of family, friends, and lots of miles in between. It has been by far one of my more favorite months this year because I was constantly reminded of how blessed I am.

December began with a tacky Christmas party and a surprise guest...

My family then headed to Christmas Eve, Eve service... classic Christmas carols and some drum playing by my favorite 4 year old rounded out the evening...
 

 Christmas Eve means family, lots of food, presents, and witty comments from my Granddaddy...

Christmas Eve came to an end with a bestie tradition... Secret Santa. From high school beginnings, this mini reunion has become a big highlight of my Christmas season. Ice scrapers, clutches, cute tops and personalized nail polish - our gifts keep getting better and better.

Christmas Day means stockings, surprises, SNOW, family and remembering the true meaning behind this December holiday...

Christmas this year also meant travels... we made our way to Berea, Ky (Folk Art Capital of the World... just FYI) to visit my Dad's family. Berea is a VERY small town. The
best attraction would have to be the local Wal-Mart where my dad is bound to run in to at least 3 people who know him from childhood. Makes for a very interesting experience.   
The Chapel my parents were married in almost 30 years ago!

Finally, Travis and I headed to Lake Rabun to celebrate the New Year with some of our closest friends. "Fish Bowl," a jump in the lake, yummy food, babies, fireworks and life chats made for a great start to 2011...

2010... lessons learned, memories with friends, and strengthened faith...
I have been extremely blessed this year to have a job that has helped me to see the best in every situation, friends and family that support and encourage me, and a God that continues to amaze me. The biggest lesson learned from this year would have to be that God comes through in big ways when you give over control to Him. Taking that lesson into the new year, I can't wait to see what 2011 has in store. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...