Pages

Monday, July 2, 2012

Life catch-up.

I can't believe how fast the last two months have gone by... it's refreshing to know that life will be slowing down just a little for this last month of summer vacation. With a new name, some new bling and a HUSBAND (all that coming soon!!), here is a brief recap of the months leading up to becoming a MRS.

In May, Kam and Bridgette hosted a couples shower thrown by our fabulous bridal party... complete with yummy food, no broken bows and the shoe game, it was so much fun to watch Travis "oooo" and "ahhh" over kitchen utensils, dishes, and monogrammed bags.
Next up, Robyn's surprise birthday party... one of the best parts about getting married is the immediate increase in your family size. Growing up with a brother, I am more than excited to finally call Bridgette my sister!! Since Kam and Bridgette started dating, Travis and I have gotten to know her precious family and could not have been more thrilled to help celebrate Robyn's 50th. 
May also brought sweet Tessa Lou's birthday... I have loved watching Stephanie and Brandon's precious little ones grow up. Tessa's birthday was filled with pink, cuppycakes, lots of "spicy chips" and all things princess.
 The end of May also brought Amy and Nate's wedding... it was so much fun catching up with college friends and watching another sister become a Mrs. Congrats Amy and Nate!!
Finally, I got to spend a long weekend with my bestest friends soaking up the sun in HHI. Our weekend was filled with yummy pizza, hanging out on the sandbar, venturing to Dafauskie, even yummier Mexican food and the reminder that I have been blessed with the most fabulous friends. 
As far as June goes, the majority of the time was spent crafting for our wedding. The whole process became a joint venture between my mom and I, often taking us in to the early hours of the morning. Pandora was constantly on in the background, with a glass of wine or two. As tiring as some of it was, I wouldn't have traded a second of those last few nights at home in my parents house as Lindsay Hamilton. 

Heading in to July, I can't believe Travis and I have been married for a week already!! Our wedding was everything we could have imagined and so much more. God definitely showed up in an amazing way... from some transportation issues to the threat of rain, we were constantly reminded that we are never in control. As soon as we let go and just have faith, God steps in and takes control. Our guests arrived. Other than a few drops, it never rained. And I got to marry my best friend. Here's to life as a MRS.

1 comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...